Over last few years, there has been a sudden surge in teeth whitening treatments, we are now obsessed with white teeth. Let’s fix them up with simple home remedies.
- Oil Pulling: This is a Traditional Indian method meant to improve oral hygiene, brighten teeth and remove toxins from the body. Generally preferred oil is Coconut oil for its palatable properties.
- Baking Soda: It works for your teeth. Additionally, it creates an alkaline environment in your mouth which prevents bacteria. Use it sparingly or it can erode the Enamel.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: For centuries it has been used as a natural cleaning product. Use it in diluted form along with water and make sure to rinse your mouth with plain water afterwards. Overuse of this can erode enamel so use cautiously.
- Fruits & vegetables: Crunchy and raw fruits will help scrub away any deposits from the teeth.
- Strawberries are all time favourite choice.
- Apple: Especially green apple contains malic acid to brighten the teeth.
Prevent Tooth Stains:” Prevention is always better than cure”. We need to understand agents which can lead to discolouration of teeth.
- High intake of coffee
- Improve Tooth Brushing & flossing.
- High Intake of sugary food.
There are many tooth whitening kits available in the form of toothpaste, strips, gel, Bleaching trays, Mouths in reach out your nearby dentist for proper guidance.